Our language courses in the Summer Semester will be taking place under special circumstances, ones that will presumably continually change due to the current Corona/COVID-19 situation. My colleagues will do all that they possibly can to run all the Semester’s courses as planned. I would ask you to please be patient though, if not everything is perfect right from the beginning. For all of us, it will be a creative experiment, especially the initial phase of the courses.
Here is the key information, which we will update at regular intervals:
1. Placement tests at the start of semester.
If you need a language placement to join a course, please send an E-mail to email@example.com, indicating which language you need it for. We will get back to you.
You will need a placement if it is a language in which you are not a beginner and for which you have not done any courses at the Language Centre.
2. The consultation sessions (individual advice from the Lektors) at the beginning of the semester will be via telephone.
Wed. 8th April 10am-2pm
Tues. 14th April 12 noon - 2pm
Wed. 15th April 1pm-3pm
Contact details for the Lektors can be found on the webpages of the Language Centre.
3. The colleagues of the Language Centre are operating in emergency mode but are nevertheless available via Email for questions.
4. You can register for all language courses on Viacampus. This also applies to courses of the Beginners Levels (Grundstufe) and Intermediate English (Mittelstufe), for which normally a registration in person at the office of the viadrina campus GmbH is required. This semester there will be no course fee.
5. If you are a complete beginner, you do not need a placement. All other students need a placement before joining a course.
6. The language courses will be run in Online format until face-to-face teaching recommences. The courses start on 20th April 2020 At the start oft he courses we will contact you to give you precise information about what to do and what will happen.
Please check your Viadrina E-mail account, our website and our Facebook page regularly.
We are looking forward to this unusual semester with you.
Dr. Thomas Vogel, Director, and the whole team of the Language Centre