Course informationen für Winter Semester 2020/21
All language courses start in the week beginning Monday 9th November 2020.
Information Event for the Language Centre
The events for the introductory week will take place online. Current informationen on these can be found:
- on the homepage of the Language Centre (German only)
- on the website of The Central Student Advisory Service
Consulting times for advice - all Language Departments
Mon., 02.11.2020, 10:00 - 14:00
Tues., 03.11.2020, 12:00 - 14:00
Wed., 04.11.2020, 13:00 - 15:00
The phone numbers of the Lektors can be found on the websites of the various Language Departments (Lektorate).
E-mail contact with a Lektor is also possible in that time, and a web conference meeting for consultation may also be possible.
Compulsory placement tests for language courses
Further information on the placement tests can be found here. You may need to register for a test,depending on the language.
Please ask yourself these questions before enrolling in language courses.
There are two different procedures, depending on whether you want to join a course administered by the Language Centre or administered by the viadrina sprachen GmnH.
1. For courses administered by the Language Centre:
You can register online on viaCampus between 01.10.2020 and 04.11.2020 at 24.00 midnight.
If you have not been given a place in the course you wanted, you can register on other courses that do have free places, on viaCampus.
2. For language courses administered by the "viadrina sprachen gmbh" (Beginners/Grundstufe 1 and 2 and, for English, Intermediate/Mittelstufe.):
The registration will be online (system for registering and paying).
Registration for "viadrina sprachen GmbH" courses begins 07.10.2020 and ends on 04.11.2020 at 24.00 midnight.
- For Beginners/Grundstufe 1 and 2 for all languages which in the past you would have to pay for, and also for Intermediate/Mittelstufe English, the following system has been introduced:
- Students pay the course fee at the beginning of semester as before (190 Euro) to the viadrina sprachen gmbh.
- If you attend for at least 75% of the time, your fee will be reimbursed. This applies regardless of whether you pass the course or not...
- This practice will continue, budget permitting, to 2022.
- will be visible from Friday 06.11.2020, 10:00 am
To see which course you have been given a place in, log in on viaCampus – but only after the Allocation of Course Places (Kurszuteilung)
For courses of the viadrina sprachen gmbh, the principle of "first come, first serve" applies, which means that your place is assured as soon as you have registered.
After registration has closed, you may still be able to get a place by joining late: from Friday 06.11.20 (in the case of Language Centre courses) and from Monday 09.11.20 (for courses of the viadrina sprachen gmbh) you can register for a course place if there is one free. This period runs until midnight on Friday 20.11.2020 - on viaCampus for Language Centre Courses, or on the online booking system of the viadrina sprachen gmbh for their courses. If the course is full, be patient and check regularly, because other students may cancel their place in the course you want.
You may cancel your place on a course up to 20.11.2020, midnight. Course fees for the viadrina sprachen gmbh will be reimbursed in full by 6-11-20 if the course place has been cancelled in time.
If you do not cancel your place, the course will be listed on your Transcript as "Not Passed".