ECTS Points for Exchange Students
The following information is only relevant to EXCHANGE STUDENTS.
• Exchange students will be awarded 3 ECTS Credit Points if if they regularly attend and successfully complete* a language course of 2 teaching hours per week (2 SWS).
• Exchange students will be awarded 6 Credit Points if they regularly attend and successfully complete* a language course of 4 teaching hours per week (4 SWS).
• For two (German: three) regularly attended and successfully completed* language courses of 8 teaching hours per week (8 SWS) in the Academic Communication programme (Wissenschaftskommunikation), exchange students will be awarded 12 Credit Points.
* "Successfully complete" means you must pass a test or other form of formal evaluation in the course.
Qualifications to the above rules
• On the Language Proficiency for Higher Education Programme (Hochschulspezifische Fremdsprachenausbildung) (5 Modules: Grundstufe 1, Grundstufe 2, Mittelstufe 1, Mittelstufe 2, Oberstufe) a maximum of 4 SWS per Module and language can be used for ECTS points. This corresponds to the number of hours need to complete one of these levels.
• On the Academic Communication Programme (Wissenschaftskommunikation), UNIcert® III level, the maximum is 8 SWS, being 4 SWS for each of the two Modules (Oral Academic Communication and Written Academic Communication) in each language language. This corresponds to the number of hours needed to complete the Academic Communication programme, UNIcert® III level.
• On the Academic Communication Programme (Wissenschaftskommunikation), UNIcert® IV level (German), the maximum is one Compulsory Module of Academic Communication, total 4 SWS, and two Elective Modules ("Wahlmodule") of 2 SWS each. This is a maximum total of 8 SWS. This corresponds to the number of hours needed to complete the Academic Communication programme, UNIcert® IV level (German).
Students who would like to receive proof of ECTS points should please contact:
Bernd Schünow or Katja Herzel
International Office: Audimax Building Room 208
No separate course certificates ("Scheine") are issued for language courses. Instead, the ECTS points you gain are shown in your Transcript of Language Centre courses.
Contact person for exchange students at the Language Centre (for questions concerning language courses) is Barbara Rodríguez, Lektorat Deutsch, AB 023.