Questions you should ask yourself before registering
Before you register for courses at the Language centre, please sk yourself the following questions.
1. Am I allowed to take a course at a particular level?
This depends normally on you taking the placement test or having successfully completed the level below it.
2. For exchange / Ersmus students: Have I passed the DSH?
If not, you cannot take Language courss except German ones.
3. For students who want to register for ourses at the level "Wissenschaftskommunikation" (Academic Communication)
Have I already passed the HF exam, or other UNIcert II equivalent?
Am I already in the second Semester? (First semester Bachelor students are not allowed to take Wissenschaftskommunikation courses.)
4. For students returning from a period of study abroad:
Am I entitled to jump a level or be exempted from one course? Please discuss this with one of the Lektors.
5. Have I already learned a language which is not offered by the Viadrina?
Please contact the Secretary's Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange an appointment to discuss whether your language achievements can be accredited for your studies.
If you are not sure you have understood everything, please free to ask at the Language Centre!