Which language courses are free of charge?
FOR ERASMUS/EXCHANGE STUDENTS:
You are entitled to take one German course run by the viadrina sprachen GmbH for free.
In all other respects, you have the same rights and entitlements as home students of the Viadrina, as set out here below. The placement test decides your level.
- The following course LEVELS are free of charge for all students:
- ALL courses for Polish and Ukrainian, including Beginners (Grundstufe) 1 und 2
For other languages the following are free:
- Intermediate (Mittelstufe) 1 und 2 (EXCEPT Intermediate/Mittelstufe 1 und 2 English and Turkish)
- Upper Intermediate (Oberstufe)
- Academic Communication (Wissenschaftskommunikation)
Repeating these courses is also free.
The above courses are offered by and taught by the Language Centre of the University.
In practice, this means:
All courses which you register for online on Viacampus are free.
- All courses for which registration is at the viadrina sprachen gmbh have to be paid for.
Which language courses will I have to pay for?
- Beginners/Grundstufe 1 and 2 except Polish and Ukrainian
- Intermediate/Mittelstufe for English
Registrationn for these courses is organised by the viadrina sprachen gmbH.
What do these courses cost?
All courses cost 180 Euro (4 hours/week) for students and Gasthörer.
For other private persons : €250
Enrollment and payment are to be executed directly with viadrina sprachen gmbh: http://www.viadrina-sprachen.com/
How do I pay for language courses?
For courses taught by viadrina sprachen gmbh, payment must be made in cash at:
Büro Raum 248 15230 Frankfurt (Oder)
Entrance is via Lindenstraße, on the right of the entrance to the Post Office.
Opening hours and payment deadlines can be found here: http://www.viadrina-sprachen.com/
Which rules apply to cancellation and withdrawal from courses.?
- If you have received a place in a course but cannot / do not wish to attend the course, cancellation of enrollment must be received by the end of second week of teaching. You may cancel online for courses of the Language Centre.
- If you do not cancel a course of the viadrina sprachen GmbH, you will be responsible for payment.
- After teaching has begun, enrollment can only be cancelled due to illness (a doctor’s report is necessary).
- The separate rules for courses organized by viadrina sprachen gmbh can be found at www.viadrina-sprachen.com/agbs.html (Terms and Conditions for Summer Semester 2008)
Questions before enrolling
Please ask yourself these questions before enrolling in language courses.